Fact: El Camino Cantina brought the ‘Rita’ to Australia.
When other bars were serving standard Margaritas, or ‘Margs’, El Camino was perfecting a true Tex-Mex style Rita made with a secret mix including tequila, Triple Sec and heaps of fresh lime juice.
That’s where the secrecy ends … because there is nothing hush-hush about these legendary Margaritas, which now have a cult following countrywide.
Their legendary status and Tex-Mex credentials come down to a few things:
- Style: they’re served traditionally ‘on the rocks’ and as a wickedly frozen blend that Texans claim to have created
- Flavours: Tex-Mex fusion comes to the fore in our revolving line-up of flavours. Grape Nerd is one of our top sellers 😉
- Size: they’re served in two traditional Tex-Mex sizes – let’s just call them large (15oz, or just under ½ litre), and extra-large (24oz, or just under ¾ litre)
- Strikingly large, hand-blown glassware – shipped in from Texas
- Cadillacs: There is a Tex-Mex tradition of serving a sweet-sour Rita with a smooth, rich float of a premium orange-flavoured liqueur called Grand Marnier. The luxurious finish has earned it the name, the Cadillac Margarita
All venues serve our signature Classic, Strawberry and Calypso Crush flavours.
We also ran a Hottest 100 Rita Competition to find the top flavours across the country. Mango, Watermelon, Passionfruit and Grape Nerd were the top voted flavours, which are now available at all venues, too.
From time to time we also add a special Margarita of the Month to the menu.
So there is always a new Rita to get to know.
Drop by and say ‘hello’!
El Camino Cantina practices the responsible service of alcohol. RSA applies.